Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Little box of wonders.

Ever heard of a Birchbox? We'll let me tell you about this little lovely. It's a special treat that comes straight to my mail box once a month. (Usually around the 14th.) It's almost like Aunt Flo but WAY better. It puts you in a much better mood and you don't want to eat 9lbs of chocolate cake right before it gets here. So here the skinny. You pay $10 a month that comes directly out of your bank account. When you sign up, you're asked all kinds of questions about your skin type, hair texture, and personality. They match it all up and send you samples of the latest and greatest in the beauty industry. Some brands ou have seen before and some are new to the market. All kinds of freakin cool stuff I tell ya. I just got mine yeterday so I'll let you in on my monthly treats. 
Ohhh the anticipation. 
It comes to you wrapped all pretty in this small little box with dainty tissue paper. The small box also makes for awesome gift wrapping boxes. I've even used them for crafty like things. 
So this month the first thing I see is this shampoo and conditioner. Now I'm a hair stylist and I've never seen or hear of this. I have heard of the brand and I've used a serum years ago that I loved so I'm pumped about trying this out. It's paraben free (no heavy waxes to weigh your hair down) plus has macadamia oils in it to keep it smooth. Needless to say, this frizzy headed hot mess hair will be stoked to try it out. 
Next I see the chap stick. Ok blah blah normal ole Chapstick. NOPE! This is a new formula that locks in moisture for 8 hours. I used it today as a lip primer under my lip stick and I'm in love. I also used the lip gloss,which I'm usually not crazy about because I don't like the stickiness of it, but the color was GARRRRgeous! Not to mention, the applicator was like a little wand. Not the kind with magic in it, but one that made precision lines while applying, which is basically the same thing. 
Lastly I received this new perfume. Now when I read about it and saw that stuff was gonna make me small smell like oranges my first reaction was "nah I ain't trynna smell like Sunny D." But I have it a shot anyways and heavens to Betsy I'm in love. I walked around all day sniffing like a crazy lady because I just smelled...smelt... Whatever, just like fall. It was perfect for today's weather and it made me happy. 
 
This is yet another small thing you can do for YOU. It's affordable. Gives you something to look forward to. And when you sign up I get points that ultimately gives me free stuff. Sooooo.... I'm goin to need y'all to get on that. :) don't worry, I have the link right down there to make it easy. You can also send a gift to a friend, which I have also done, and it makes for happy souls. Which is my ultimate goal in life, which is why I should be president. But that's a different story for a different post. :) until next time guys. Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment