Monday, October 14, 2013

Never lose you.

Ok so all of my other posts seem to have turned into being about makeup. Which wasnt where I intended on this blog going. Not that I'm upset because I LOVE make up. Secretly, that's something I would love I do professionally but I still have a long ways to go. Anyhow, this blog was intended for slowing down chaotic schedules and taking time for yourself. If anyone is actually reading consistently, I bet you still haven't done that very thing. So now I'm going to show a few ways, all rolled into one, that I take time to myself at least twice a week. Now I'm not going to take credit and say that I made these products because I didn't. Family and friends made them for me and they are some of my most valued gifts to date. 
Ignore the clutter in my bathroom please but these are bath salts (not the eat folks faces off kind) that my boyfriends extremely organic free spirited amazing hippie sister made me. The one on the left is lavender. It has real lavender in it that floats in the tub as you relax. Perfect before bedtime. The one on the right is called "energize."  It had several scents including lavender and peppermint and is PERFECT for tht long day, terrible headache, I hate the world day. She also made bath bars for me but I used them all before I got a picture. They had more oils than I could name and aloe Vera and like a lemongrass. It made my skin so incredibly moisturized. 
This is a facial scrub a very dear friend of mine made. I know it has like oatmeal (great for tightening skin) in it. And some sort of powdered milk. It's the MOST AMAZING facial scrub. But I know from experience, stay away from around your eyes. Mine were raw for two days. (Rutt row raggy) Also like any other exfoliant, only use it once MMMMMaybe twice a week. 
And this is my favorite candle. It's a soy candle that I got in Pickles Gap. And it has lasted forever! Yes it's called hippie Christmas. I love it, however my boyfriend says it smells like dreadlocks and insence. Rude! It's a very relaxing scent to me. To each his own ya know. 

Ok so once my tornado is all spun out for the night, I combine all of these things. I sit in the hottest bath possible and do one of several things. Close my eyes and accidentally doze off, sing loudly to my  favorite old country songs, or I Facebook creep. Don't judge me.  We all do it otherwise the world would be facebookless. And in the moment of doing exactly what I want, I find my happy spot. Not that I don't love my kid more than life. But Jimminy Crickets, a sister has to have some alone time to do what YOU enjoy. Otherwise, you lose yourself. Never lose you. 

Until next time. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment